Author: Better Homes and Gardens, August 2012
Recipe type: Side
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ cups minced onion (from 1 onion)
- 3 cups brown rice
- Coarse salt
- 4½ cups water
- 3 cups diced zucchini (from 2 zucchini)
- ½ cup finely chopped mixed fresh herbs, such as flat-leaf parsley, dill, and chervil
- Heat oil in a medium sauce-pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, and cook, stirring, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in rice and 2 teaspoons salt. Stir rice until coated with oil, then cook 1 minute. Add water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until water is absorbed, about 25 minutes. Turn off heat. Let rice stand, covered, 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add zucchini, and cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Drain.
- Add zucchini and herbs to rice, and fluff with a fork.