Author: Doug Mills, Skagit Co-op
Recipe type: Soup
- 2 large onions
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 5 large stalks celery
- 4 carrots of good size
- 3 bay leaves
- Cream or soy milk
- Cut the onions into ¼ inch slices and carmelize in a large soup pot in a little olive oil.
- Mince the garlice and celery and toss in for a few minutes, then the chopped carrots and herbs or spices to taste.
- Cover with water and boil gently for one hour.
- Puree all (except the bay leaf) until creamy. Salt to taste.
- Just before serving, warm a half cup of cream or soy milk for each quart or soup and incorporate.
- Garnish with parsley.